Skip to main content

Pink Philosophy: How to Be Subtle Yet Obvious in Ballet Slippers and There's More To It Than Just Being Skin-Deep Kawaii

Wait... I am not a ballerina!  

So, what's the fuss with ballet slippers in my title? I'm not going to talk about "that" footwear in this post.  The world of fashion has baptized new names to the colors of the rainbow by associating it with things we are familiar with, like for example: yellow to Butterscotch, gray to Pebble and yes, pink to Ballet Slippers.

My vacation to the Philippines last August, has given me the chance to reunite with my wardrobe, which I missed seriously, play dress-up and be all out in my favorite Ballet Slippers = Pink!  

Here's my take on one of A/W 2017 colorsBallet Slippers, subtly monochromatic yet still obviously color-coordinated in pink, right?

But honestly, there's more to the color pink than just being on trend now and leaving an image of skin-deep bubbliness and irresistibly kawaii.


My Pink Philosophy:

Pink has always been a color identified to Barbie and for anything girly and youthful.  Despite being 20 years junior to the actual creation date of Barbara Millicent Roberts, a.k.a. Barbie,  I still regard pink as a perpetual color for all ages of the human population.  Why?  Because the color pink is no longer isolated to a certain age bracket nor linked to a specific gender. With massive influences from the fashion industry, traditional norms are circumvented.  Even the gentleman now can strut leisurely in pink and the "Advanced Style" of the matriarchs and the golden-ager femme is richly saturated with pink soiree from cotton candy to magenta.  The color is here to stay and pink movement substantially lingers like Chanel No.5.


My Pink Philosophy:

I'd like to adopt this cliche: "Think Pink".

Admittedly, my first impression with the color pink, in my salad days, is superficial.  As my years glided fast forward while tagging along my relentless propensities with the color; I have strongly considered pink as the color of confidence (embracing my feminality and distinctiveness) and empowerment (absorbing the idea that only my ego can intimidate me and persistently challenging myself: if they can do it, why can't I? or even do better?).  What are your thoughts with the color pink?  

What I Wore:
dress (worn as skirt) - unbranded / textured top with floral appliques - undranded / bag - Coach / flamingo sandals - Katie Judith / sunglasses - Forever 21 / "Love" earrrings - Siam Street Night Market in Bangkok, Thailand

Pink for October:

Today marks the first day of October.  Since pink is the color for the month of October to signify awareness to breast cancer, this post is dedicated to all the formidable women who graciously fought and is still fighting for survival.  I also salute the women who continue to remain indefatigable in amplifying the consciousness in the battle with breast cancer.  Pink is indeed a soft color but a firm symbol of a woman's strength to conquer all odds.  It is as well a holistic insignia of hope that at the end of the tunnel there is a blinding light to a brighter life.


What I Wore:
dress (worn as skirt) - unbranded / macrame top - G. Metro Department Store / bag - Victoria's Secret / bejewelled thong sandals & sunglasses - G. Country Mall Department Store 


I am sharing here some Style Tips that you may want to try on when you decide for a monochromatic outfit either in pink or any of your favorite hue:

1.) You can wear pink, monochromatically head-to-toe, either of the same shade or of the same tint. But, you can also follow what I did with my styling for both looks: 

1.1. Wear a plain shade or a tint of pink + pair it with something printed, but make sure the print has the pink color too (see photo further above).
1.2. Wear a plain shade of pink + pair it with a plain tint of pink (see photo above).


2.) When it comes to sleeveless dresses, you can maximize the functionality of the fashion item by wearing it as a skirt too.  In my styling for both looks, I wore my dress underneath my tops and made it appear as a skirt.


3.) For bag as an accessory and to complement an outfit; it is equally important to consider the bag's color (plain or printed) to pull out a dandy, not shabby, look:

3.1. If your outfit is all out printed or even if either the top or the bottom is printed, use a bag that is plain in color or opt for very minimal prints with the same color palette to your clothing.
3.2. If your outfit is entirely plain, it is best to tote a printed bag with a similar hue to your clothing to give more contrast and excitement to your fairly monotonous ensemble.


Hope to have shared some useful styling tips and thoughts to ponder on.



Looking for more styling tips? Click HERE to see and know more tips from me.



Think Pink and Live in YOUR style, every day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Reasons Why Thailand Is Indeed Amazing

Thailand has been dubbed as the Land of Smiles and its catchy tag line is "Amazing Thailand" .  I have gone to Bangkok , the capital of Thailand, three times and my latest trip last January of this year was unbelievably filled with all the fun, adventure and terrific blissful moments that are worth for keeps in my yottabye memory. Without hesitation and with confidence, I certainly agree that Thailand is indeed an amazing place to spend time for vacation and even a pleasant place to settle down.  Though I've only been in Bangkok (and in Nonthaburi), but Bangkok offers all the reasons why I should keep visiting to their capital and to their country as well. With my phenomenal experiences, I am revealing my top 8 reasons why Thailand is Indeed Amazing. (1) The PLACE The land area of Bangkok is really vast, and the place that I would love to go back again and again is the area of SIAM.  I find it as the heart of Bangkok.  This is where shopp

Exploring the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

As tourists, it is but normal to always visit the top tourist destinations of the place where you are traveling to especially if it is your first time in that particular city / country.  So when we have the best chance to explore the capital of the state of Georgia, U.S.A. which is Atlanta, travel recommendation list for the top places to see in Atlanta have led us to step into the WORLD OF COCA-COLA ! Here's a quick overview of this famous attraction in Atlanta: The World of Coca-Cola is a museum, located in Atlanta, Georgia, showcasing the history of The Coca-Cola Company.  Wikipedia Address :  121 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 Opened :  August 3, 1990 Phone :  +1 404-676-5151 Owner :  The Coca-Cola Company Floor count :  2 Did you know :  The original World of Coca-Cola saw around nine million visitors during its years of operation, becoming Atlanta's most visited indoor attraction. wikipedia.org It was a brig

Shopping in Woodstock and Kennesaw, Georgia, U.S.A.

Woodstock is a city in Cherokee County, Georgia , United States. The population was 29,898 at the 2015 census . Originally a stop on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, Woodstock is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. And  Kennesaw is a city northwest of Atlanta, Georgia. The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History displays weapons and a steam locomotive.  When I travel, aside from exploring famous tourist attractions of the place, my next favorite must-do is Shopping! When in the cities Woodstock and Kennesaw in the state of Georgia, you will be amazed with the wide array of shopping destinations which are just a few meters drive away from each other. My three-week vacation in Woodstock had allowed me to explore the varied shopping establishments of the cities of Woodstock and Kennesaw.   Below is the summarized list of the type shops and the names of the specific commercial establishments that I have visited and shopped at and further below are the snap